Friday, June 27, 2014

Sarah's Sampler (1855)

Yesterday I went to the Melbourne craft and quilt fair at Melbourne Exhibition Centre with my lovely friends Shelly and Lyn.  We had a great time catching up and looking at all the new fabrics,quilts etc on display. We stopped for a quick break and as I was walking back to our table with my coffee who should spot me but Sue from Kiwi kids well that made my day it was absolutely fabulous to catch. Then after another couple of aisles I spotted Sue having a coffee with Marg more hugs.....wow...how great was that.

 As you all know I have completed a couple of projects and also started a few new ones to keep me busy ( Happy hehe..).I really had no intention of purchasing anything new but when my eyes spotted Sarah's Sampler Quilt displayed in all her glory I knew I had to buy her. Shelly had the same thought and we both went straight over to Marg Low's stand to feast our eyes. The rest is history hehe...........

                            



Happy stitching..............

15 comments:

  1. How lovely you got to catch up with friends. Looks like a great quilt kit, love all the reds. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen how awesome you ran into the girls they would've loved catching up with you and boy i love your new purchases,sounds like a top day,enjoy your weekend my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great day. Sarah's Sampler and the fabrics look gorgeous. - this is why I'm not going this year as I didn't want to be tempted with any more new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, I love your purchases, especially those fabrics, gorgeous! I love the quilt on the front of the Marg Low book (or pattern?), saw it on FB yesterday and would love to make it. I did hear this morning that you saw Sue and Marg, and they were thrilled to see you! Glad you had a good day out xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marg really does know how to find the best red fabrics.....gorgeous selection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day out you had and live those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It made me happy Helen just looking at that gorgeous bundle of red. I am sure you will do a stunning job on your new project x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Helen, all those reds, so beautiful i am sure that i should have bought them too. Red is so my color!!!! I am so sorry that i am so absent at the moment, but I have some healthproblems, not very serious but i had to keep bed for the whole week and so on. ....... That s also the reason that i do not blog a lot . Enjoy your fabric!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day. I can't get there until Sunday but am looking forward to it. Always love Marg's stand and her great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen, I have decided that in my next life, I want your talent & eye for gorgeous design! The Sampler is another stunner, you will produce a knock-out job of it, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is what fairs are for - stocking up with new projects! :-)
    Another lovely one...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like the perfect day....yummy projert

    ReplyDelete
  13. so fun to go to something like that and catch up with friends...a nd what a beautiful project you bought...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great buy. Gorgeous reds too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was wonderful to catch up with you - not once but twice!!! Love your purchase!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!