Sunday, April 1, 2012

DEAR JANE SHADES OF RED


In 1863 during the Civil war, Jane A. Stickle decided to make a sampler quilt. One hundred sixty-nine blocks, 52 triangles, 4 corner kites and 5602 pieces later... she had a quilt that, to this day, still leaves quilters in awe.

Dear Jane Shades of Red

Here is my Dear Jane Shades of Red Quilt which won viewer’s choice at Phillip Island Patchwork Display Melbourne Cup Weekend 2011. It has 169 Blocks 52 triangles 4 corner kites, number of pieces 5166, completed 4 August 2011.I used EQ Dear Jane Quilt Design Software.  

 Dear Jane Shades Of Red




Block A-2

Block A-1


Triangle Border Blocks










 

RAINING CATS AND DOGS


BLOCK 5
I managed to finish block 5 from  Raining Cats and Dogs quilt yesterday. I am using fused appliqué method for this pattern, and using my appliqué buttonhole stitch on my sewing machine.
                           Happy stitching...






1 comment:

  1. Great job! Lovely use of colors and fabrics.Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!