Sunday, May 6, 2012


WINDING WAYS  
Early Friday morning 11 of us piled into 3 cars and left Phillip Island to begin our winding ways shop hop. Winding Ways is a shop hop involving a cluster of five shops.

Mrs Martin's Quilt Shop in Emerald, Craft Haven in Berwick, Sewing Connection in Pakenham, Patchwork Passion in Cranbourne and Craft Quarters on Kooweerup.
It runs throughout the month of May


Fabric purchased at Mrs Martin's

Simply spend $10.00 at each participating shop. Collect your Wild Goose Chase question sheet at the first shop you visit - there are 3 questions per shop. Have each shop sign the sheet before you leave. Drop the completed sheet at the last shop you visit. If you have answered all the questions correctly you will go into the draw for a weekend for you and 7 friends at the Beau Vue Craft Retreat. The weather held and we all enjoyed the day, good food, great company and best of all the shopping was fantastic. I came home with some new fabric, another Gail Pan Christmas pattern, treats and sweets Xmas pattern, needles cotton, and a lavender stitchery.



2 1/2"blocks cut and ready for piecing
Saturday I began cutting and piecing my busy little Christmas elves quilt. I am excited seeing the blocks go together at last. Most of the reds are left over from my dear Jane quilt and I am hoping they will blend into the Christmas theme.
Star block fabric cut and ready


Sunday morning was spent cleaning the house, catching up on phone calls and having friends over for coffee. After lunch we took the dogs for their walk and now I am ready to start some more sewing on my Christmas elves quilt. Happy stitching.

busy little christmas elves block one

Happy stitching...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!