Monday, October 1, 2012

Linen iPad satchel


Done!!!  The stitchery went faster than I thought so today I measured my iPad case and started to cut out the fabric. I allowed a couple of inches all the way around to make room for the iron on pellon and lining.First I made my flap, and then I joined main fabric and lining to make a pocket for the front of my satchel. I then made my outer bag making small box corners at the base. Then I made the same in the lining fabric. Next I made a strap. Lastly I turned my bag inside out and put my flap and strap in place then the lining inside my bag. I stitched through all the layers then turned it right side out through the gap at the bottom of the lining. I then top stitched around the top added a button and a hair tie to pull around the button and stitched the gap at the bottom of the lining. That’s it finished and I must say I love it.  Happy stitching......
                           

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your iPad satchel. The stitchery is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val, I really enjoyed making the satchel,it helps when you have a lovely stitchery to work with. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!