Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Scandinavian Rose Quilt

Scandinavian Rose Quilt

I have been busy preparing for our trip to Tasmania; we leave tomorrow afternoon on board The Spirit of Tasmania. I am really looking forward to exploring Tassie and hopefully finding some patchwork shops to look for new ideas and fabrics.
Until then I thought I would show you one of my new projects “Scandinavian Rose" by Rosalie Quinlan, I think it is absolutely gorgeous. First things first, deciding on the fabrics and thread I would use for this project. The Fabric wasn't a hard decision; it had to be the French General range from Moda. The thread was a bit more challenging because I wanted to use a colour and texture that I hadn't used before. Finally I choose Cottage Garden threads Perle 8 “running postman", which is a variegated thread and runs between a lovely red and soft brown. Now all I have to do is start on the first block.




French General Fabric
Deciding on Thread


More French General Fabric


My chosen Thread & fabrics
                                     
                                                                                     Happy stitching........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!