Friday, January 25, 2013

New Project 2013 Hexagons


Weekly Hexagons


I have decided that my Hexagon quilt needs help starting therefore every Tuesday I will make at least one hexie flower. If you would like to join in I have joined one flower Wednesday at Journey of a Quilter
You can make your  flowers any size and colour, I am making 3/4 " Hexies using the English paper piecing method, and hand piecing the flowers together and then using the needle turn method sewing them to the background fabric. I need 61 large hexagons  for my quilt.
I prepare my hexagons using the Sewline glue pens.
Cut your hexagon fabric by placing your paper template on top of the wrong side of the fabric. Run the glue pen along the edge of the paper very lightly. Fold the fabric over the end of the paper and press with your finger. Repeat for the remaining sides. When you are finished sewing your flower spray with starch iron and remove the paper by peeling the fabric edge off the paper and removing the paper.
                                Happy sewing...........









I will be sewing my flowers on a 51/2" square and placing them on point using different shades of the background fabric.  


3 more Flowers














2 comments:

  1. I'm posting here to thank you so much for your nice comment about Slow Blogger! (I couldn't reply to you by email because you show up as a "no-reply blogger")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to One Flower Wednesday Helen! You are off to a beautiful start and I look forward to watching your garden grow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!