Monday, January 14, 2013

Scrappy Pyramind Quilt


I have made a start on my Pyramid quilt. The fabric is from Quilt Gate, Gentle Flowers range. Traditional scrap quilt history state that the majority of scrap quilts were "make do" projects, quilts constructed from leftover patches in order to be thrifty, and use every scrap of fabric available. The number of fabrics you use in your scrap quilts is another option that's totally up to you, from charm quilts, where no fabric is used more than once, to quilts with a more orderly appearance. There are no rules... I bought this range of fabric almost two years ago and never got around to using it. Then when we decide to start this project I went through my stash and found this in the corner of my cupboard. Obviously I must have hidden it there for a special project which never happened and I forgot all about it till now. We are hand piecing the whole quilt although everyone will probably be different as we don’t have a pattern as such. We plan to build the quilt on the blocks you see in the picture. To be continued...
                          Happy sewing............



2 comments:

  1. I think this will be a lovely quilt, I like your block. The fabrics work together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Radka nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!