Saturday, March 9, 2013

Scandinavian Rose Quilt.

Scandinavian Rose Quilt

I had a lovely time stitching last night. It has been so hot the last couple of days that I have stayed inside and had more time for my sewing. I managed to cut out all the one and a half inch strips ready for piecing. Then the fun began in the evening joining and cross cutting to add them for my border around my finished stitchery blocks. It actually took longer than I thought but in the end I was pleased with the result. That completes blocks one and two of  Scandinavian Rose by Rosalie  Quinlan. Radka is also stitching this quilt but chose to stitch hers in a lovely shade of red thread Anchor stranded cotton no 13 you can check out her progress here at my stitching and other journeys.
Also I have just visited suzitee at stitch scap sew to view her lovely Scandinavian Rose blocks they are gorgeous if you would like to check them out just click on the link.
                   Happy stitching.........




Scandinavian Rose Block 1


Scandinavian Block 2


Blocks 1 & 2






4 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I was going to ask you if you have thought about fabrics for the patchwork, all red and white or adding other colour; well this answers it. It works very well. I am not yet sure what I will do, althouth I have been considering green as well. This shade of green is very nice.
    Thank you for the link to my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Scandinavian Rose blocks lok gorgeous, and I love the colours you've chosen for the fabric. I'm currently stitching block four, and it's sooooo big! Lots of work, but coming together really nicely. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are both gorgeous and your colour choice is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it !
    Greetings.
    Adelina.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!