Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day Project Old Lace Dilly Bag

Hello and Happy Mothers Day to everyone I hope you all have a wonderful day. Saturday I went to Shelley's house for our annual Mothers Day Project. We both started at 9.30 on our Old Lace Dilly Bag . We had both pre cut our fabrics to save time. Shelley surprised me with some lovely old napkins from her grandmothers box, which as Shelley said,she would like to know the napkins were appreciated and used in such a lovely project. So we sat down and cut the edges to use in our bags. Then she had some lovely old handkerchiefs that we cut out the corners. Carol joined us also but worked on her bag from last Mother's Day. Carin came later and worked on her scarf she is knitting. By 2.30 we had the bag sewn in a circumference ( including wading and lining ) ready to attach the base. We then got  in the car and visited the ladies at the patches Mother's Day weekend sew in to see what they were working on, Lots of lovely projects were being stitched together, too many to name. I arrived back home a out 4.30 tired but extremely happy with my project and the lovely day spent with friends. After dinner I set about  finishing the bag and I must say I am very happy with the result.
                                                          Happy stitching.

Old Lace Dilly Bag


Old lace dilly bag


Side view








7 comments:

  1. Well done, you can be proud!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful, Helen. Did you start with a pattern or tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day, the bag is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute Helen,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bag. I HOpe you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bag! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the bag Helen its Gorgeous, love your Mrs billings quilt, it is just beautiful. Doris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!