Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mrs Billings Coverlet

 I have decided to end my Mrs Billings Coverlet with this  border. I have thoroughly enjoyed my journey although at times I had trouble deciding fabric placement and choices of fabric.I am so pleased with this my first all hand pieced quilt. I am sending it to have professionally quilted, it measures 70 x 70 inches and has over 2300 pieces. I  was originally toying with the idea of trying to hand quilt it but at this size I am not sure I would ever finish it.
                               Happy stitching..........

Mrs Billings Coverlet

9 comments:

  1. sew beautiful!! I can't imagine making anything that intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow Helen its awesome,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Helen, this is so amazing! Congrats, and gosh all those pieces, all hand stitched, you are a model of persistence and patience!
    Now you can let the pro do the rest of the work, and when it's back, you can smile widely at your achievement... *Happy Dance*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous, Helen! The size of this piece is quite daunting, but the good thing is that you can stop at each border :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt you have made, Helen. so much work with so many small pieces. It is a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should be well pleased. i can't imagine how long this took it's just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and all handstitched!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Helen, it's just gorgeous!!! It looks wonderful!! I have wanted to do this quilt, but have been so afraid to start it. Your finish is really an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mrs. Billings is inspirational! It's fantastic!! I can't believe it's the first quilt you have totally hand pieced... amazing! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!