Monday, June 3, 2013

Pomegranate

This was a quick and fun weekend project using a technique I have never tried before and it didn't cost me anything. I had all the reds in my red stash and lucky enough to have just enough of the cream background. I found the pattern in Splendid Quilts magazine.It is the first in Esther Aliu's series of traditional motif-inspired vase wall hangings. The raw edge appliqué is quilted to finish with a slightly raised appearance. The technique I mentioned was the raw edge applique,I am pleased with the wall hanging, but don't think I will ever use that finish again, much preferring the traditional finishes.
                                                                                Happy stitching.....







Pomegranate

4 comments:

  1. Your hanging is very striking in red. Well done. Always good to try new techniques to see if we like them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work and it looks great in the colours you have chosen. I'm not fond of raw edge applique` either and prefer to blanket stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely wallhanging! I would go back to whatever technique you prefer. At least you tried it :o)

    This project would be possible in needleturn too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, I love Esther Aliu's work and your block looks great. Sometimes you need to try a different technique, if only to discount it from your preferred methods. Regards,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!