Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Vases


Yoko Saito quilt from Floral Bouquet p.6
66.4  x 61.4 cm

I finished the top and I am ready to start hand quilting and adding the 60 or so cobblestones around the quilt border.The whole book is in Japanese so I only have pictures and measurement to go by, which is ok except for the cobblestones. From what I can see they are added after the cable quilting is done on the border as some of them cover the quilting. Anyway that is what I have decided to do :)



My Yoko Saito's Quilt


                                                          Happy stitching............

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt. Cant wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very interesting! How big is it? Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this looks so good Helen what a awesome job you are doing by just reading pics.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Helen, this is taking beautiful shape... & you are doing so well to 'interpret' the book... so lovely!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: I just noticed the "Have you ever felt..." question & image up the top left.... what a beauty, so funny & probably true for all the clever quilt makers... x

      Delete
  5. Helen you deserve a million brownie points for being brave enough to tackle a pattern in Japanese let alone make a brilliant job of it. Can't wait to see your cobblestone border...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing-love the stone type colours you have chosen for piece.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will take a look in the book and mail you what i see.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking great and enjoy doing the cobblestones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so pretty Helen, the soft Japanese taupes and greys are lovely...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!