Saturday, April 5, 2014

FNWF


It was another FNWF last night,so lovely to join in with so many others.Thank you Cheryll for gathering us all together.
I have been working on my hand pieced scrappy pyramid quilt. I managed to finish machine quilting it last night and added the binding this morning.

The bulk of the fabric is from my Quilt Gate, Gentle Flowers range,some from Lynette Anderson, and left over scraps  from Mrs Billing quilt and even a piece from a quilt I made for my daughter in law about 10 yrs ago.
For all the purists and quilting police .....hehe......
Traditional scrap quilt history state that the majority of scrap quilts were "make do" projects, quilts constructed from leftover patches in order to be thrifty, and use every scrap of fabric available. 
The number of fabrics you use in your scrap quilts is another option that's totally up to you, from charm quilts, where no fabric is used more than once, to quilts with a more orderly appearance. There are no rules... 


                           

                                 

                                   



Happy stitching...............



25 comments:

  1. Very nice! I really like your fabric choices. and it looks like a great size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely sewing with you last night... I just ADORE your pyramid quilt... so effective.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous. I love the way you have used all the different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Helen,

    Love your scrap quilt. It reminds me of a cup of cocoa and chocolate.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so wonderful , how all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt...scrappiest are just so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...love the quilt! Great colours! Thanks for joining me at FNWF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! You have chosen great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen it looks beautiful your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely Helen, a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely finish. The Quilt looks fantastic.

    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt,and great quilting.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt looks wonderful, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow Helen this is awesome and i so love the colours you have choosen,well done on such a beautiful finish.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Helen. It is nice to have a finish and to use up some scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is beautiful Helen, I do love those colours you have used! Congratulatons on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. such lovely restful colours in your quilt, Helen. It is a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness Helen, this is stunning - Well Done my friend... just gorgeous xx
    If we lived any closer to eachother, I might just help it to have a holiday at my house, ha ha ! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty quilt. Scrap quilts are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning Helen, I love the scrappy look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!