Friday, January 16, 2015

A New Bag

We had a lovely visit to The Patchwork Tea House on Thursday. Marilyn was so helpful working out how much fabric I needed to make my bag. I didn't have a pattern with me only the pieces I had cut out for the lining, as it worked out, it was much easier and cost effective to cut one piece of the fabric across the width which meant I was about 2 inches short but I didn't mind as this would save me buying another width just for one small panel. ( I would adjust my pattern )
I was planing on choosing some Tilda fabric but then I just couldn't go past my favourite FG fabric. This is the result.

                                 

                    


Happy stitching ......




22 comments:

  1. Wow Helen your bag is gorgeous,what a wonderful job you have done ,well done on a beautiful finish my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to make a bag somewhat like that. I hope it turns out as nice as yours. Beautiful fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bag Helen, which pattern did you use??? Love all the pockets it has on the outside :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning bag Helen,
    you can't go past fg for an elegant result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bag is gorgeous, Helen. I love the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bag... Great pattern with all the pockets...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A day out at the Teahouse is a favourite of ours too. Bag is lovely with that gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous fabrics in a lovely bag. It is easy to enjoy the Teahouse, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, great bag and gorgeous fabrics. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that bag,I love everything about it the style and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen you've done a gorgeous job on the bag - great fabrics too - did you use a pattern for it? or is it a Helen design?!
    Love to see your beautiful face as your profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful choice of material - yes Marilyn is so very helpful and I just love The Teahouse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's gorgeous Helen...you are a clever little chickadee. Love FG too. Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the fabric you have used and your bag is just beautiful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful useful bag. I may be going to the Patchwork Teahouse tomorrow on a fabric frolic. Looooove that place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely useful bag. I am looking forward to visiting that shop again tomorrow on a fabric frolic. Loooove that place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. FG fabric is just beautiful. What a lovely bag.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love your bag Helen, just beautiful, gorgeous FG fabrics too which are always a favourite of mine, these colours are lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!