Saturday, July 11, 2015

Surprise Visitor

Two weeks ago I was back in hospital for 5 days with some side effects of diverticulitis ( my new me ...lol..) When I looked up I saw Melody ( The House On The Side Of The Hill ) with a big smile on her face. Wow ..... I was so happy to see her and catch up with all the news. She came to sit with me to help pass the time more quickly while I was waiting for the results of my enteroclysis scan which she read about on my FB page. Of Course Mel being Mel she also came bearing a beautiful gift. As she explained this would be perfect to take with me for my visits to the doctors or to start sewing while I was in hospital as everything I needed was in the lovely tin. 
So very considerate and thoughtful Mel thank you again for a wonderful afternoon of catching up xx



Love my adorable owl stitchery by the talented Rosalie Quinlan.

                           

THANK YOU MEL x

P.S.
I'm still very tired with a mixture of good days and bad days. I will be going back  to hospital this Wednesday ( 3 days only ) for an exploratory colonoscopy to check out a section which could be the culprit that doesn't realise the party is over...lol. 
I am reading all the beautiful and inspiring blogs but not always leaving comments, I will hopefully start catching up with that soon.xx

Happy stitching....

15 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you are still struggling with the diverticulitis but glad to see you are keeping your sense of humor about it..........what a sweet Mel to come visit and bring the lovely gifts.....thinking positive thoughts for your health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts from Mel. Good luck with everything Helen, hope you are feeling much better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift from the ever-so-thoughtful Mel! I sure hope you get this nasty thing under control soon. There's a lot of stitching to be done at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel certainly cheers you up when you see her. What a lovely little package she put together for you Helen. I hope all goes well next week and that you are feeling better soon. Hugs, Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many angel hugs to you . It appears you have been visited by an earth angel, sweet Mel. I hope that you recover soon without too much angst so you can get on with all that stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how very thoughtful of Mel! she is such a gem.
    Hope all goes well with your procedure next week.
    Fingers crossed they shut down the party for that stubborn part of your insides.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better real soon and all goes well on Wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ach Helen ,es ist immer gut, dass wir nicht wissen was uns im Leben alles so bevorsteht. Wir können es sowieso nicht ändern, wenn uns eine Krankeit erwischt. Es ist schön, wenn man dann lieben Besuch bekommt ! Ich drücke Dir für Mittwoch die Daumen und werde an Dich denken !!!
    Liebe Grüße
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. How thoughtful and sweet of Melody, Helen. Sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen,hope you are feeling better soon and that they find out what the problem is,take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You poor girl Helen. You have certainly been through the wringer. Thank goodness for your lovely visit Mel to cheer you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no poor girl. How thoughtful of Mel to came and visit and to ring the great gift.
    Hope all goes well with the test.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the best, Helen, I hope you will be well again soon :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful gift! So sorry that you are still having problems - I do hope that they can sort it out for you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful gifts and tin, Oh Mel is such a darling and so thoughtful, we so need people like that in our lives. Hoping you are now on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!