Sunday, May 8, 2016

Phillip Island Patches Weekend

Phillip Island Patches Weekend ...wow my first time at this event and it was fantastic.  I must thank the committee members (Joan B. Jackie R. Marg. O. Caroline T. Michelle T. Marj. W.  Joan W.) for all their efforts into making this a memorable weekend for me and I'm sure all the other ladies who were there (well over 100). 
The Sewing Connection from Pakenham set up shop in the gym which was soooo very handy for last minute shopping, they also donated a Brother sewing machine as one of the prizes.
I signed up for Wendy Williams "Round the Garden " workshop. Wendy was a wonderful teacher with a great sense of humour. We all worked very hard on our projects with Wendy encouraging us and giving us lots of tips to accomplish as much as we could in the time we had ( this also included homework ...hehe......which kept us stitching well into the night to stay on track ). By the end of the weekend we had marked out our patterns and stitched in our dividing lines and circles using running stitch on the lines. Appliqued our felt tree in position made felt flowers and felt leaves using all the various stitches Wendy uses in her felt work using perl cotton and others. Now I haven't mentioned how much fun we had and all the laughter and chatting that went on ....lots and lots ....( I think that's why some of us stitched till 11pm ..hehe..)

Wendy Williams


Lovely Rhondda
                    

Allison and Jan

                                      

Committees Members

The various groups (workshops) below 
                                        


                                       
Judith with her paper piecing section.


                                       

                  ........................................................................................

Also I forgot to mention FNWF mine began Friday afternoon with a couple of hexies .
If you would like to see what others got up to just head over to Gone Stitchin' .
Thanks Cheryll for hosting another great sewing night.



Happy stitching......

12 comments:

  1. What fun! Sounds like you had a fantastic time, homework and all. Thanks for sharing those photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to enjoy watching you and Mel make this gorgeous quilt. Looks like you had a wonderful time Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning my lovely friend,oh wow what a wonderful workshop to do,this quilt is going to be amazing ,glad to see you having so much fun Helen and boy I love those hexies,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm very jealous.... just lovely work....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing weekend with some very talented ladies. Love all their works in progress and your fussy cut hexie rosettes are so pretty. Good to see you out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I agree with Fiona!!
    You sure will be kept very busy with " Round the Garden" and "Dutch Treat"...
    Did you get the fabrics you wanted for DT??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh you are ahead of me already. I started stitching my circle last night. Wendy is a great teacher, so glad you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I have it put away for another day...love it! Sounds like a fab time had by all. Love your sweet hexies too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sew clever, sew busy, sew much sewing xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought that was you when my friend was showing me some photos.
    Jocelyn did this class too.
    I couldn't go to PI this year but I was lucky enough to go to the previous 2 years. It is a great weekend and I'm so glad you had fun. I love that quilt. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a wonderful weekend - I did a 2 day workshop with Wendy in April - it was terrific and so inspiring. I love that quilt but I chose a smaller project to start...would love to do "Round the garden" one day...maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!