Monday, June 6, 2016

Chook Shed Party Week end

Thank you Chooky for hosting the chooksheds 4th birthday,I had lots of fun sewing all weekend with everyone,to see what everyone else got up to go here.


I began early Saturday morning stitching a few felt circles ,later I went and watched my grandsons soccer practice.


  Back home I stitched some  felt  circles then again in the car on the way to Phillip island. Once unpacked and settled I began stitch some of my Stonefields hexies.

                                        




Sunday morning I began early making a curtain for Mathew ( my eldest grandson 22) 

                                



Then back to sewing a few more hexies. After lunch a walk between showers ,drizzle and rain . Later I laid out some of the hexies onto the background fabric and started stitching them on.


      
                      Finally out of moth balls :))

                 Laying them out     

Starting to stitch them down.

 


Happy stitching.............

15 comments:

  1. you had a busy weekend... loads of circles and hexagons....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning my lovely friend,wow you sure achieved alot helen,cant wait to see this quilt finished,i have been loving following its progress,your GS is a handsome young man,its fun watching the grandies play soccer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly kept yourself busy, Helen. Looks like you got quite a few hexies stitched down. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Helen between various locations you got lots of great sewing done.........love all those little hexies.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very productive - looking forward to seeing more of those felt circles..the hexies are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. You stitched up a storm Helen....love all your pretty hexies. Very cute little soccer player there x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of HEXIES happening

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh what a busy time you had..... great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of hexies. Getting very close to the finishing line.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great weekend - you fitted a lot in there. I love the way your hexie border is looking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh you squeezed a lot into your weekend. Your hexies are looking beautiful, and I bet your grandson was delighted with the curtains, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of stitching done over the weekend Helen..
    How lucky is your GS having a clever Nana to make him curtains...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those hexies are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made wonderful progress on your hexie blocks and border.
    It's looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hexie borders are gorgeous and just perfect Helen. I'm so envious of your workshop with Wendy Williams... I take it the felt circles are for your Round the Garden quilt. Please tell me you are making it. I have the pattern and could do with a dose of inspiration. Lovely photo of your grandson..... xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!