Wednesday, January 11, 2017

La Passacaglia

I know I know I have that many projects on the go but I couldn't resist this one and I really....really...needed something entirely different to my usual quilts and colour palette.
So here goes :)
I have made a start on La Passacaglia Quilt on the cover of the book Millefiori Quilts by Willyne Hammerstein.
This is what I have come up with so far......what do you think :)


                 

Same but reflection in the mirror :)






Happy stitching.........

11 comments:

  1. Nothing likeachange of pace and colour Hele,. It looks amazing, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have a change sometimes ....cool idea with the mirror!!
    Now a question for you with your appliqué....... what thread do you usually use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh whoa Helen - amazing - it looks great - you have a great eye for colour & the fussy-cutting looks fab. Well done on choosing something so different to your usual style!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking lovely Helen - I love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that you will have a lot of fun with this one and it will keep you busy for a long time. Looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is an amazing quilt. A really good take along project. One I'm sure you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!!! I have looked at those books so many times but thought it would be waay too complicated and fiddly. My hat off to you gal! Looking awesome so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how beautiful Helen! But I am not looking! Lol! I am already in trouble with my to do list xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking very pretty already - a lot of work but it would be such a fun thing to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you Helen... up for a challenge and what a great start
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whatever makes you happy, Helen ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!